Sunday, December 19, 2010

Nergal: "I'm fighting doctrines." ("Ja walczę z doktrynami.")

Nergal has apparently undergone his bone-marrow transplant operation! Let us all hope for his complete and speedy recovery from this so he can get back to kicking ass onstage. Also, there is a major new interview with Nergal that has come out in the Polish language magazine Pre Kroj. So far there is not an online version of the interview, even in Polish (at least that I know of).

I will post more information on Nergal's post-op condition and other news as soon as I can. In the meantime, here are some choice quotes that I found (see the link at the bottom of the post for the source).
You know, I get stupid emails like: "Well, Nergal, and what if the bone marrow for your transplant is from a Catholic?". My answer: "So what? Am I fighting with people? No, I'm fighting doctrines. In my view, Christian values are an affront to human dignity, an insult to my intelligence. I say this openly, and nothing here has changed . . . .

Despite the difficult circumstances, my life is still full and valuable. When things are going well, do you ask yourself questions like: Why I was born a healthy child? Why have I sold so many records? Why, did I meet a wonderful woman? This is accepted as the norm. All these seemingly bad things are part of the same trend of energy. You can learn a lot thanks to them, but this need not be attributed to the hidden meaning in them ... And if God is punishing me, or putting me to the test, who is punishing the children who lie here next to me in the same ward and die? Let's leave God out of this, and also Mickey Mouse and other products of human imagination, and let's focus on reality, man.


Wiesz, dostaję idiotyczne e-maile w stylu: "No dobrze, Nergal, a co, jeśli szpik będzie od katolika?". Odpowiadam: "I co z tego? Czy ja walczę z ludźmi? Nie, ja walczę z doktrynami". Moim zdaniem wartości chrześcijańskie uwłaczają ludzkiej godności, obrażają moją inteligencję. Mówię o tym otwarcie i nic się tu nie zmieniło.

Mimo trudnych okoliczności moje życie wciąż jest pełne i wartościowe. A kiedy jest dobrze, nie zadajemy sobie pytań w stylu: Dlaczego urodziło mi się zdrowe dziecko? Dlaczego sprzedałem tyle płyt? Dlaczego spotkałem wspaniałą kobietę? Przyjmujemy to za normę. Te wszystkie pozornie złe rzeczy są częścią tego samego nurtu energii. Można się dzięki nim wiele nauczyć, ale nie trzeba doszukiwać się w nich ukrytego sensu... A jeżeli Bóg mnie karze albo wystawia na próbę, to za co karze te wszystkie małe dzieci, które leżą tu obok na oddziale i umierają? Zostawmy na moment Boga, Mickey Mouse i inne wytwory ludzkiej wyobraźni w szufladzie i skupmy się na sobie, na człowieku.


Nergal: "Za co Bóg karze małe dzieci, które umierają?"

No comments: