Sunday, August 21, 2011

This blog has moved back to blogspot and will most likely remain here. That is all.

The bottom line is that I was somewhat hesitant about moving EGREGORES to wordpress, but I now have no reservations whatsoever about moving it back to blogspot. Issues include (1) they way wordpress fucked up old posts that were migrated, especially images and blockquotes, (2) wordpress' editor is even worse than blogspot's, which I didn't think was possible, (3) lack of flexibility (for instance you can't even look at, let alone edit, the html unless you pay $$$ for the priviledge), (4) more and better widgets are easily available on blogspot, etc.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!

I prefer the presentation and links here.

Apuleius Platonicus said...

You and me both! If I had been able to get a "look and feel" that I liked for the wordpress blog I would have stayed there.

Raima said...

Not a bit surprised! Wordpress is such a pain....I did my homepage with it, and it's a good thing I don't have to change it much. Nothing is easy over there.

Kullervo said...

As long as you keep it easy to leave comments, I'm happy with wherever you're happy.

A lot of blogspot blogs are almost impossiblefor me to leave comments on. Yours is fine.

Unknown said...

I have neglected to say so until now, but I am thrilled that you are back on Blogger.