BEHEMOTH Frontman Back In Polish Court Over Bible-Tearing Incident - June 29, 2011
Behemoth Singer Faces Charges of Insulting Roman Catholics in Poland
Warsaw Business Journal:
Death-metal singer returns to court over criticism of Church, ripping up Bible
Behemoth’s Nergal Back In Court Over Bible-Destroying Incident
And follow this link for other stories, mostly in Polish:
google "news" search on "Nergal Ryszard Nowak"
For general background on this case here are four links from last year:
(1) From Blabbermouth (June 28, 2010):
BEHEMOTH Frontman Off The Hook In 2007 Bible-Tearing Case
(2) From MetalObsession (May 4, 2010):
Behemoth – Adam “Nergal” Darski (interview with Nergal)
(3) From Blabbermouth (April 20, 2010):
Polish University Professor Discusses Charges Against BEHEMOTH Frontman
(4) From RadioMetal (April 19, 2010):
Behemoth On The Burning Stake Of The Inquisition
And here's a whole shitload of blog posts from last year relevant to Nergal and this case:
- "Music that is so extreme, so politically incorrect and so evil." (Nergal interview)
- Blasphemy Case Against Nergal "Dismissed"
- Doda in Kluczbork: "Those Who Expected Scandal Were Not Disappointed"
- Doda: "Forbidden Fruit Tastes Better"
- Doda Elektroda & the Battle of Tomaszów Lubelski
- "I could release certain emotions through this sinister evil music." (Nergal interviews)
- Sex, Religion, Art, Music & Freedom of Expression in Poland
- Doda Elektroda says Bible written by drunks. Which, apparently, is some kind of crime in Poland.
- The Kids Are Alright (In Which I Praise Extreme Pagan Metal)
- Early March, 2010 Blasphemy World Roundup!!
- Interview With Nergal of Behemoth, in English
- Behemoth Frontman Formally Charged For Insulting Roman Catholics